Northcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DMFs/Worlds

+2
Lesurgo
LwoodY2K
6 posters

Go down

DMFs/Worlds Empty DMFs/Worlds

Post by LwoodY2K Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:03 pm

So in an attempt to have more than one topic per forum...

Is anyone looking at going to DMF Jersey/LA or worlds? I'm personally trying to go to worlds (assuming time off), going to skip Jersey (as of now), and would like to go to LA but really need more details to plan it.
LwoodY2K
LwoodY2K
Centurion

Number of posts : 197
Name : Matt Walsh
Regularly plays at : FPG, RCQs
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

DMFs/Worlds Empty Re: DMFs/Worlds

Post by Lesurgo Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:30 pm

It's theoretically possible that I might be able to make it to Paris while I'm in Europe for Magic's Pro Tour Berlin, but the chances aren't looking very high at this point. It is tempting though because there's WoW worlds AND a Magic Grand Prix in Paris on the same weekend.

I'll defintiely let you guys know if I do end up going to Paris.

Lesurgo
Site Administrator

Number of posts : 10
Name : Gavin Verhey
Regularly plays at : First Pick Games
Registration date : 2008-09-08

https://northcraft.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordo Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:42 am

I plan on going to DMF LA. An Uncle that lives in Anaheim is storing my old MTG collection and I’ve been meaning to visit him to get my cards back. Once UDE releases some details I should have something planned.
Mordo
Mordo
Sergeant

Number of posts : 23
Name : Alex Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:06 pm

Am also looking at DMF/LA, with the possibility of considering driving down instead of flying.. Cost to fly, last I checked, was about the same as the anticipated cost for gas, so if I manage to drag someone with me as well, cuts the cost a bunch if we split.

If I do drive, I'd probably look at taking Friday and Monday off from work, leaving Thursday evening, stopping around 11pm-midnight to find a place to sleep, back up around 6am to continue driving.. putting arrival at Friday evening.. Or maybe leave mid-afternoon on Thursday so arrival on Friday late afternoon/early evening for events.

just speculation at this point pending details being released.

Cornelius
Scout

Number of posts : 6
Name : Rob Lowry
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LwoodY2K Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:18 pm

Here-LA is somewhere around 18 hours of driving in the summer, maybe a little more in the winter due to reduced sunlight/increased rain. I've only ever done it as 2+ complete days of driving, but that's usually been with kids (myself&siblings). With more determination/shifting drivers, I suppose you could do it faster like you're suggesting, but still sounds suboptimal.

Though, if someone had a minivan-sized car, Seth/Micah could also hop onboard which might make the driver swapping easy enough to speed things up more. Hmmm....
LwoodY2K
LwoodY2K
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:13 pm

LwoodY2K wrote:Here-LA is somewhere around 18 hours of driving in the summer, maybe a little more in the winter due to reduced sunlight/increased rain. I've only ever done it as 2+ complete days of driving, but that's usually been with kids (myself&siblings). With more determination/shifting drivers, I suppose you could do it faster like you're suggesting, but still sounds suboptimal.

Though, if someone had a minivan-sized car, Seth/Micah could also hop onboard which might make the driver swapping easy enough to speed things up more. Hmmm....

It can take a bit of time.. I suppose I am just spoiled/unusual in the fact that the wife and I usually swap frequently enough that we straight-shot the drive, usually stopping for food in Sacremento area or such, but otherwise not stopping except to refuel or hit a random rest stop.

Beats the bus at least Wink

Cornelius
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Lechee Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:18 pm

If you guys are talking about going to BlizzCon 08, all of the tickets for that con is sold out.

Lechee
Master Sergeant

Number of posts : 49
Name : Ly Ho
Regularly plays at : Games and Gizmos

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:59 pm

Lechee wrote:If you guys are talking about going to BlizzCon 08, all of the tickets for that con is sold out.

Nope, not BlizzCon.. We are looking ahead to Nov8th, or thereabouts, for DMF:LA

Cornelius
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by LwoodY2K Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 pm

OK, an exciting update for worlds: I now have time off and booked a flight leaving Seattle on the 14th (645pm, arrives in paris 10pm on the 15th), returning on the 20th. I found it on orbitz flying on SAS for $691 (another at the same price leaving on the 15th), connecting through copenhagen with a long layover. But it's $200 cheaper than any other price I've seen in the last 2-3 weeks, which is why I'm mentioning it here.
LwoodY2K
LwoodY2K
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinBlaze Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Andy is also confirmed for going! kerpow!
KevinBlaze
KevinBlaze
Corporal

Number of posts : 17
Name : Kevin Blaze Smith II
Regularly plays at : First Pick Games

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down