Northcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worlds

3 posters

Go down

Worlds Empty Worlds

Post by LwoodY2K Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:52 am

I'm sure people were watching, but I'll summarize. Might do a full report later too.

Alfax and I were both playing Lionar control which went into Illidan.
Kevin was playing Bojo with black felsteel bracers and about 12 allies.
Andy played Vorna control into Illidan, though with a lot more allies than the french version. Might be close to Markoff's, but I haven't checked.

I started 2-4 and finished 5-4 for the same record as last year but with the worst tiebreakers of the 5-4s as compared to 2nd best last year, and finished 187th overall. Losses were one pagatha I should have beat but got bad draws to, and 3 rush decks (2 Kil'zin, one desecrator, I think). Day 2 I played a gadgetzan, went 3-0 then 0-3, losing since my card pool had no way to deal with finishing shout, diversion, or felsteel knives other than Shadala, and I was alliance.
Kevin went 6-2 and needed a win for day 2 due to bad tiebreakers, which he got. Went into day 2 at 7-2, and drafted 0-3 3-0, finishing 47th.
Alfax and Andy were both 6-3 after day 1 and both made the cut. Alfax drafted 3-0 2-0 and was in the 15th round feature match (http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wow/en/events/article.aspx?eid=38&aid=4879) for making top 8. He lost and finished 19th.
Andy went 1-2 2-1 and finished inconveniently short of top 64 in 67th.

I'm sure they'll all post more about their own times later. Kevin should be back by now, I think, while Andy and Alfax will be back around Thursday.
LwoodY2K
LwoodY2K
Centurion

Number of posts : 197
Name : Matt Walsh
Regularly plays at : FPG, RCQs
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Worlds Empty Re: Worlds

Post by Wade8813 Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm not sure what Andy's final list was like, but I think it was some combination of a little of Pagorek's list, a little of Markoff's list, and a whole lot of Andy doing his own thing.

It was particularly interesting reading about how all these big name people were "sitting on the deck for two weeks", whereas Andy's had some version of it for months.

Wade8813
Corporal

Number of posts : 17
Name : Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by LwoodY2K Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:01 pm

(I assume) they were mainly playing the deck for Illidan, though, and considered it the best version of the deck with him (since they played it rather than another version). Andy's non-Illidan Vorna was decent, but I think everyone would agree that Illidan made it much better (or "took it to a new level," as Luke would say).
LwoodY2K
LwoodY2K
Centurion

Number of posts : 197
Name : Matt Walsh
Regularly plays at : FPG, RCQs

Back to top Go down

Post by wrotesfortcgplayer Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Wow I totally forgot this happened. Good job guys! Especially Alfax <3 <3 my hero...

wrotesfortcgplayer
Sergeant

Number of posts : 43
Name : Jonathon Loucks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down