Northcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deck Tech for Realms

4 posters

Go down

Deck Tech for Realms Empty Deck Tech for Realms

Post by Mordo Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:59 am

Realms is upon us, and I know a bunch of people who check these boards are qualified or are planning on doing so. Could be a good idea to put this site to use and brainstorm deck ideas for the new constructed format. While it may be more beneficial to go though the cardlist and see how existing top-tier decks are affected by the newcomers I prefer to come up with new (relatively speaking) decks.

With my penchant for Blue-Ally untargetable rush (go Ozzati!) seeing Helena Demonfire gave me an idea … ok, get this, Blue traitor warlock rush!

Alliance traitor warlock that’s not rip&flip?! ‘What is this guy smoking?’ is what most of you would be thinking, well hear me out. As soon as I Saw Helena I thought of Apocanon, with both of ‘em out the 4/5 for 5 (brock proof!) basically becomes an adjustable Deafening Shout that also affects heroes. Any ally based decks will simply melt and be forced to deal with it while your efficient demon pets start going for the dome. VS. control, warlock already has decent tools in the form of Eye of Killrog et al. and the new Suspended Curse could potentially deal with threats Warlock usually has problems with (turn3 twig anyone?). The hero is a human so there is potential abuse with Stormwind City. Turning into Illidan or even packing rip&flip in the sideboard could also be considered.

I haven’t come up with a comprehensive decklist but ideally it would consist of an aggressive ally curve full of elusives and shadowmeld and enough warlock burn to deal with allies in an efficient manner (shadowbolt and the new Rain of Shadow)

So what do you guys think? Too janky? Not powerful enough to compete? Lets get these boards active …
Mordo
Mordo
Sergeant

Number of posts : 23
Name : Alex Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Deck Tech for Realms Empty Re: Deck Tech for Realms

Post by LwoodY2K Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:32 pm

I'm not convinced about rain of shadows, but I think it's interesting enough to try.

Also don't know about stormwind, but that's again testable.

More generally, I haven't really thought about realms yet. Had been working on Worlds and waiting for DoW before really thinking. Still, probably need to start working on it and you've done more than I have, so nice.
LwoodY2K
LwoodY2K
Centurion

Number of posts : 197
Name : Matt Walsh
Regularly plays at : FPG, RCQs
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade8813 Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:18 pm

Well, I think it has potential. Although I wouldn't call it a Rush deck if you're turning into Illidan. Also, I'm not sure if Illidan is as good any more, now that things can interrupt him. It might be better to go back to Belt in Control decks.

Rip & Flip in the side sounds good, if you can make sure you can fit it. It might require too many cards to fit in the side.

Wade8813
Corporal

Number of posts : 17
Name : Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by LwoodY2K Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:52 am

Thinking about it, I have to agree with Joel about it requiring too many cards. Unless you're already running RFG quests and donations mainboard, I don't think there's enough room.

Also, there's a great new 1drop from the starters who is human. I would put him in any deck you're planning to use stormwind in.
LwoodY2K
LwoodY2K
Centurion

Number of posts : 197
Name : Matt Walsh
Regularly plays at : FPG, RCQs
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Deck Tech for Realms Empty Warlock deck

Post by lukmonster Tue May 12, 2009 9:48 pm

Hey sugar!
if you like warlock I got a deck for you to try